|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
5 Tips On Getting Your Customers To Love You
Yesterday, I received a letter in the mail and it was not a bill or a fake advertising letter. It was a genuine letter with a label and a sticker and a handwritten address. I was a little surprised, as I have not received a written letter in years. As I opened it, I realized the name looked vaguely familiar, but I could not place it. As I scanned this beautifully written letter, I realize it was from a difficult customer who 2 months early was writing something of a different tone. The letter which was 2 pages, thanked me for resolving her problems so quickly and she went on ( and this is no joke) for about 2 pages on how in "love" she is with my product. So here are 5 tips on how to make your customers love you.
1. Be personal - Even if its a tiny thing like a handwritten signature or a phone call. So many big companies put customers thru call center hell or you get a 4 page cryptic survey. Talk to people like they are people and not problems.
2. Follow up - Its amazing how people forget to follow up. Follow up is crucial for several reasons 1. it shows that you are trying to resolve the issue 2. You can check for any new issues 3. People don't expect it.
3. Thank you - I recently came back from a trip to Costa Rica booked by a new travel agent. Before I left I received a card with a travel bottle of bug spray for my adventure. 3 weeks after I got back, I got a call asking about my trip and her services. Week 4 she asked for a photo to put on her website. That was a nice touch.
4. Make it right - When the problem really was your fault, you should acknowledged that. Do whatever it takes to make it right. Heck, make it better by giving them more than what was expected.
5. Keep them informed - You know that feeling when you have been put on hold for a few minutes and you cant hear any music. You start wondering am I still on hold? What is going on ? hello? HELLO? If you have ever felt that way you know its a dark dark place. Tell people what to expect from you.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure