|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
How To Choose A Quality Elder Care Service Agency - Articles Surfing
When searching for an elder care service agency to take care of your loved one, there are several questions you should ask to make certain you are hiring a high quality elder care agency.
1. How does your agency screen its elder care employees? A quality elder care service agency will carefully screens all of its employees with in-depth background checks so that you can be comfortable that your loved ones are in good hands. Employees should under undergo extensive reference checks, social security validation, national and local background checks and motor vehicle records checks.
2. Are your elder care providers employees of your company? At quality elder care agency the answer to this question will be yes. With the elder care providers being employees of the agency, it is the agency that is responsible for their social security, federal and state taxes, and their unemployment taxes so your family is not legally responsible. If the elder care providers are not employees of the agency, you could be responsible for paying worker compensation if the provider is hurt on the job while caring for your loved one.
3: Are your care providers trained before they are assigned to homes and do they receive ongoing training? The answer to this question should be that each care provider completes an intensive training program and is fully qualified to provide elder care that is professional, personal and friendly.
4. Are your care providers bonded? The answer to this question should be yes. You only want to choose elder care agencies that are bonded. Never work with an agency that is not bonded.
5. Is professional liability insurance paid so my family is protected? At a quality elder agency, the agency will be licensed and insured to protect you and your loved one.
6. Are your care providers licensed with your state's Board of Nursing? At quality agencies, all care providers will be state licenses with the board of nursing and should have a license number that can be verified for authenticity.
7. Can we reach your staff 24 hours in a day? At a quality elder care agency, the office staff will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through an emergency telephone line.
8. Does your agency provide replacement care if the scheduled care provider cannot make it to work? Quality agencies will send replacement without any additional charge for the period of time that the scheduled care provider cannot make it to work.
9: Does your company provide a written care plan? When dealing with a quality elder care agency, the agency should provide a detailed written care plan for each client. In creating the care plan, the agency should consider all levels of care and types of services that might be needed.
You should always ask the above questions when you are interviewing elder care service providers to take care of your loved ones.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet