|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
The Top 5 Ways To Market A Medical Billing Company - Articles Surfing
Medical billing services are becoming more and more popular because these services save doctors a substantial amount of the time filling out forms, dealing with insurance companies and chasing payments. By outsourcing medical billing, doctors can see far more patients and generate more income for their medical practice.
Because of the growing popularity of medical billing services, many new medical billing businesses are opening their doors and creating a lot of competition. That is the bad news. The good news is that most medical billing services handle their marketing very poorly. This opens up a huge opportunity to those who are good at marketing, or at least willing to learn how to become good at marketing. This article will teach you step-by-step how to market your medical billing service to doctors and surpass your competition.
1. Create a mailing list of doctors in your area and send out a friendly sales letter or postcard to them every month. You sales letter should explain how your company can help the doctor save time and money while also increasing their profits. Your job is to make the doctor's life easier.
When you send direct mail to the doctors on your mailing list, it is important that you do everything you can to make your direct mail package look interesting so it gets opened. The best way to do that is to make your envelope lumpy by placing a free gift of some sort in the envelope such as a pen, post-it notes, or other type of inexpensive item. A second technique to get your envelope opened and your letter read is to make your letter look like a personal letter, not like junk mail. The way to do that is to not include your company name on the envelope and to handwrite the name of the doctor and the doctor's mailing address on the envelope. You want the letter to look like it came from either a patient or a friend of the doctor'not like it came from a business trying to sell something.
2. It is important that you follow up with a phone call no more than a week after your mailing is sent so it is still fresh in their minds. If you wait longer than a week, then the doctor may not remember who you are. It is important that you identify yourself and that you are following up on the literature that you sent. Office personnel and doctors will respond a little less harsh if they do know the purpose of your call.
3. Cold calling doctor's offices is another marketing technique that is effective, however it may take multiple calls to be able to speak to the person who makes the decisions. In some instance, it becomes bothersome to the person and they are more likely to not return your phone call.
4. Visiting the doctor's office and leaving your business card and literature at the front desk is also a very good marketing technique, especially if you have a small budget for advertising. The person who makes the decision will see who you are and you have a better chance of speaking to him or her if you are right there.
5. Networking is one of the most important ways that you can market your medical billing company. Referrals will be a big part of marketing your business and if you are just starting out, getting one client can lead to many more through referrals. Once you have established yourself with your client and proven that you are a capable of handling the work, you can ask the doctor to refer their associates to you.
Because of the competition in the medical billing field, you want to make sure that the services you offer are services that you can provide. This is important because you will be building your reputation on what you say you can do, and if you fail, your reputation will suffer.
Marketing your medical billing company is really quite simple. When you have a good business plan with skills that are needed, marketing it should be easy. It may be time consuming in the beginning, but once you get your first client, you will realize just how simple it really is.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet