|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
7 Tips For Healthy Contact Lens Wear This Halloween - Articles Surfing
Do you want to have the coolest costume this Halloween? The best way to do that is by wearing a pair of Halloween contact lenses. Before you run off to grab a set, read over these 7 tips to ensure your eyes will stay healthy and to get the most out of your lenses.
1) Soft contact lenses have a limited lifespan. Even when you take the best care of your Halloween contact lenses, they must be discarded after a pre-determined amount of time. Ask your eye care provider how long your particular lenses are designed to be used.
2) Always wash your hands before inserting or removing your contact lenses. Use a plain soap that does not contain extra moisturizers, as they may coat up your lenses.
3) Your lenses are for your eyes only. Never ever share your contact lenses with your friends. It is far too dangerous and easy to pass infection through contact lenses. Don't even think about it.
4) Remove your lenses before sleeping at night. Halloween contact lenses are not designed to be worn while sleeping. Take off your lenses before you get into bed.
5) Your lenses must be prescribed by a licensed eye care provider. The actual costume effect, such as cat eyes, or dragon eyes do not have to be on the prescription. However, the actual fit of the lenses must be prescribed. This is true, even if you have perfect vision.
6) Use the recommended care system with your lenses. Some theatrical lenses may be ruined by certain types of solution. To protect your investment and your eyes, always follow instructions.
7) Buy your Halloween lenses from a reputable source. Never even consider buying lenses from untrusted sources. You never know where those lenses have been or if they have been sterilized and stored properly.
If you follow these tips this Halloween, your eyes will stay happy and healthy and you will have the best costume at the party.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet