|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Common Household Things That Will End The Life Of Your Dog - Articles Surfing
Dogs are omnivorous and curious animal and like to explore their world by chewing. Some dogs even grow into such a permanent habit of chewing anything in their way which may be disastrous. A dog owner must train their dog to stop chewing anything that comes on their way and also must remove those common household things listed below which could be fatal for your dog.
Some of the deadly household items for your dog are;
1. Bleach which is very toxic to dogs and if ingested will cause drooling, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
2. Moth Balls that contain an insecticide are very dangerous for your dog. If ingested they causes liver failure, central nervous system excitement and seizures and symptoms like vomiting and seizures are involved.
3. Antifreeze that smells and tastes very sweet to your dog and is very appealing to him contains toxic Ethylene glycol. Symptoms like seizures, vomiting, stumbling and lethargy leading to kidney failure can be seen if consumed.
4. Chocolate especially Baking chocolate and Dark chocolate are toxic for your dog even if consumed in a small quantity leading to poisoning and death. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, increased urination, and increased activity which can further lead to seizures and unusual heart rhythms.
5. Many common household plants are also toxic to if consumed for instance poinsettias, lilies, ferns, devil's ivy, aloe, and ivy. Vomiting and central nervous system excitement are the symptoms shown on consumptions.
7. Seeds and pits of many fruits have also been proved to be harmful to dogs. Drooling, vomiting,
8. Fabric Softeners are more toxic then other detergents and symptoms on consumptions
9. Consumptions of Watch Batteries and Alkaline Batteries can cause a potentially fatal ulceration in the stomach within 12 hours. Symptoms of toxicity include drooling, lack of appetite, vomiting, and lethargy.
10. Boric acid present in mouthwash or contact lens solution or denture cleaner is highly toxic to dogs and symptoms on consumptions are vomiting, drooling, seizures, and coma.
Rush to veterinary for help without delaying if you notice any above mentioned symptoms. Equip yourself with knowledge by visiting the veterinary school websites where you could find lists of things that are toxic to dogs and steps you should take at that moment. Moreover try to stick to the old adage " prevention is better than cure."
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet