|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
10 Free Horse Racing Systems For Weekend Bettors - Articles Surfing
Here are 10 mini horse racing systems that are perfect for the weekend warrior.
1. Look for horses that finished in the money, that is first, second or third at their last four starts in their current campaign.
2. Play any non-placed run if it finished its most recent race within two lengths of the winner.
3. Try a horse whose last run was on the same track as today unless it is shipped from a major track (Belmont, Churchill, Santa Anita) to a minor track (Penn National, Turf Paradise, Mountaineer). This little method will give you a few good horses to check out and regularly comes up with some good winners.
4. If a horse was a favorite or low odds (3-1 or less) in its last race and today is over 10-1 in the same type race or lesser, take a shot! This method can return some big longshots.
5. Don't bet on a horse that won at longshot odds its last race and is running at favoratism or low odds today. If you weren't there for the wedding why go to the funeral? If this is the case, look instead for a horse with a low morning lines (3-1 or less) and is going to post over 3-1 odds.
6. Look for a horse that is a proven a winner at either the track or distance. Or box the top 3 money-earners at either the track or distance. This is a powerful handicapping tool that's simple to use when betting horses.
7. If a horse is a heavy favorite due to a big class drop or favorable distance change, look for another horse that is doing the same exact thing only being ignored at higher odds - this little gem can really make your day at the race track.
8. Never play more than 2 race tracks at a time. It's so tempting with Satellite simulcasting but unless you want to blow through your money in about 30 minutes, don't do it.
9. Have a goal in mind. If you go to the track and say, I'd like to win $50 today, that's a goal. But if you say, I only want to lose $50 that's a goal too. And your mind will make sure you achieve it. So what's better to have as a goal, reasonable winnings or tolerable losses? It's up to you.
10. Look for threes. Anytime a horse is doing something for a third time, that can be a very good thing. 3rd time Lasix, 3rd time blinkers, 3rd race off a layoff, 3rd race in a new class - for whatever reason this is a horse racing miracle number. Keep your eye on it.
Those should have you cashing many tickets and buying many of your buddies a beer or two.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet