|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
10 Action Steps To Motivate Yourself To Great Accomplishments - Articles Surfing
Let me ask you this question, "Are you motivated to achieve great accomplishments in your life?" The following are ten action steps you can apply today to achieve more success in in your life:
1. Positive Affirmations
* 'Today, I will win because I have faith, courage and enthusiasm.'
* 'I see failure only as a signpost on my road to success.'
* 'When I feel stress, I will relax and release my stress before I take on my next task.'
* 'I always write down my priorities, thinking of my responsibilities. I may not get everything done, but I will do the most productive thing possible at every given moment.'
* 'I am a winner, I work for a winning organization, and because of my contribution and cooperation we will keep on winning.'
* 'Today, I will see opportunity in every challenge offered to me.'
2. Positive Language
The following are some examples of how you can turn negative words into positive communication:
* Instead of saying 'problem,' call it 'opportunity.'
* Instead of an action being a 'failure,' describe it as a 'learning experience.'
* Instead of 'I have to,' say 'I choose to.' This gives control for your actions back to you.
* Instead of saying, 'There's nothing I can do,' say, 'Let's look at our alternatives.'
* Instead of saying, 'That's just the way I am,' say, 'I choose a different approach.'
* Instead of saying, 'He makes me so mad,' say, 'I control my own feelings.'
If you notice, by using the positive response, you have control over your actions and life.
* 66 percent report a more relaxed life
These are great motivators to exercise! Next time you feel demotivated, give your body a workout. Recent research reports that as little as fifteen minutes three times a week has profound effects. Get moving. Get motivated.
4. Take Risks
5. Positive Reading
6. Positive Visualizations
* Go to a quiet place in your home or elsewhere. Turn off all radios, televisions, etc.
* Find a comfortable chair and get into a relaxed state of mind.
* Start thinking about one goal you want to accomplish. Remember, visualize as if you are already accomplishing this goal.
* Visualize taking all the necessary steps to successfully complete these goals. The better your visualization, where you can actually see, feel, hear, and touch your vision, the more real it is to you.
* Visualize any challenges to your successful completion of this goal and how you will eliminate this challenges.
* Visualize how good it feels to complete this goal. Visualize what benefits it will bring to you, your family, friends, co-workers, etc. Enjoy the moment!
Important: If you don't take time to see it, it won't happen!
7. Think Big
8. Set Goals
* S for specific
For example, you might have a goal of achieving $2 million for retirement in twenty years. After doing your research, a SMART goal would be the following:
'I will acquire $2 million dollars for retirement by 2024. I will do this by contributing $20K, or $1667 per month, to my various retirement funds each year. Of the $20k each year, $2k will go to my IRA, and $18K will go into my organization's retirement program.'
Remember the most detail you can add, the more realistic your goal becomes.
9. Positive Appearance
Don't let that be the deciding factor on being motivated. ou can easily distinguish those who are motivated from those who are not motivated just by looking at their appearance and their movements. The motivated move forward, onward and upward with confidence.
10. Helping Others
You know what, it you apply the helping techniques to others, it will automatically come back to you tenfold in a number of ways. First, the enjoyment of knowing that a special talent you had made someone else's life better. Second, because you didn't seek it, word will spread about you and your deeds. This will be translated into unexpected riches and opportunities. Third, you will gain a new level of confidence in knowing that you can make a difference. Super achievers find motivation and meaning by helping others.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet