|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
16 Tips To Simplify Your Life
You know you�re in trouble when:
- You can�t find the bill that you know just came in
Top 16 tips:
1. Get ready the night before. Put out clothing and accessories; find briefcase and all paperwork, even set the kitchen table for breakfast. Create a list of the 5-7 things you are going to do the next day.
2. 30-second rule. Spend 30 seconds putting something away. It is easier to hang up one outfit at the end of the day then it is to hang a weeks worth.
3. Rule of 80/20. You use 20% of your stuff 80% of the time- your favorite shirt for example. We all have stuff we don�t need. Getting rid of it is the hard part. Box, tape, date and dump/donate.
4. Start small, break large tasks down into small to-do items. Don�t burn yourself out, set a timer for 18 minutes and stop when the bell rings.
5. Go through your mail daily by a recycling bin with your calendar handy. Toss junk, keep bills and for things like a party invitation or cultural arts brochure, scan it, check the dates and write it in the calendar.
6. Write it down- you won�t be able to do it if you can�t remember what needs to be done.
7. Stacks of magazines sitting around? When you get them in the mail scan the table of contents- pull out the articles of interest and carry them with you to read. While waiting in the doctor's office you can read your magazines instead of his. And consider canceling the subscription, it saves money.
8. Like goes with like.
9. Say no gracefully without feeling guilty. Have a policy in place �I�m sorry I only do two volunteer projects a year and I�ve already done mine for this year.� Or �I have to check with my family.� Or offer other assistance instead of staying up all night baking for a bake sale offer a donation.
10. Turn off the television. Neilson media research states that by the time we are 65 the average American has spent 9 years watching TV.
11. Simplify errands, use pick up and drop off services for things like dry cleaning and ordering office supplies online.
12. Take time for you. You will be a better parent and spouse and all around happier of you put self-care practices into place.
13. Organize your finances. Stop wasting money on late fees and overdrafts. Cancel memberships you don�t use to save money.
14. Plan your life- most people spend more time planning a week long vacation then they do planning their life. Once you figure out what you want, you need to create a plan to get it. You can find that job that makes you want to rush to work.
15. Have systems in place to deal with paperwork. Color-coded filing for kids and household papers.
16. Delegate to others including family members. Have a list of things to be done, use rewards and consequences, allow kids to contribute to the list, they will be more cooperative if they have a say.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B