|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
8 Ways to Boost Your Self Esteem - Articles Surfing
If you are struggling with low self esteem you can boost self esteem and improve your self confidence.
I like to share with you how to apply my personal experiences to your daily life in order to boost your self esteem. There are many things you can start doing to improve self esteem and your confidence. Here are some tips you can start applying to your daily life:
1. Honour and love yourself . It is impossible to love and honor yourself if you are constantly blaming . Blaming means that you don't take responsibility for your life. When this happens you are powerless and engage in negative thinking. How do I get out of this trap?. I became aware of my thoughts, I stop and change my negative inner talk. Changing your inner talk is a great boost .
2. Do not judge other people. If I find myself judging I immediately change my attention . When you judge others usually you are think that you are better than them or you use this judgment to feel better.
3. Stop feeling guilty. If want to eat chocolate or a piece of cake, etc. I eat it without guilt. The same if I need a nap , play or just relax and do nothing. Guilt is a trap that will keep you in a victim mode.
4. Don't take personally another person criticism. I know that if come across to somebody that criticizes me is not about me. Some people to think that are better than others by putting them down. Take criticism as a feedback, and see if you could learn and improve from it.
5. Exercising helps to boost your self esteem ,your mood, body image and confidence. I have spent time with myself. My body is light, flexible and with a lot of energy. I exercise frequently, if cannot run outside, I go to the gym.
6. Meditate. I meditate every day; being in silence help me to connect to myself. It doesn't matter what meditation you use. You can follow your breath, say a mantra or just be in silence, the important key here is to be in silence. Meditation will connect you with your source of self-worth.
7. Have sense of humor .I have a great sense of humour, that's helps a lot because I won't dwell on self-pity . Start feeling happy and expanded using constructive humour.
8. Celebrate success. I celebrate success every day; even the small ones. I become conscious of it. ( I made dinner, I watered my plants, I was nice to an angry person, etc).
Practice any of the 8 tips in your daily life. Start living the life you deserve with happiness and joy. The key is to do something for you so that you feel good about yourself.
Once you have tried a few of the tips I have suggested, make the ones that worked for you a routine. Visit my recommended books and find more information and insights.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet