|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
9 Ways To Improve Your Relationships
Have you ever felt like you�re not really being listened to when you speak, or that you often get talked over during conversations?
Do you ever feel unjustly judged by others or had people try to tell you how you should live your life as if they know how to do that better than you?
It�s funny how some people seem to find it almost impossible to mind their own business, no matter how many times you set them straight.
1. Set Boundaries. Many people will walk all over you if you let them. Setting boundaries means deciding what�s ok and what�s not ok when it comes to how people treat you. One of the easiest ways to do this is to practice using the word �no�. Trust">All too often we say �yes� when we mean �no�.
Just by letting others know that you have limitations on what�s ok or not ok will send them a powerful message that you are in control of your life.
Start taking back your power today by affirming to yourself in the mirror each morning upon awakening and each night before retiring to bed, �I love and approve of myself�. Just this action alone will make a huge difference.
3. Don�t Stoop to Their Level. No matter what others do or say to upset or annoy you never allow yourself to be sucked into their mental or emotional games of blame.
Maintain your self respect and integrity by choosing your words and actions wisely, even if you feel like giving them a knuckle sandwich.
4. Assert Your Rights. You have the right to assert yourself, your opinions and to choose who you associate with. You have the right to enjoy happy, healthy and productive relationships with everyone you know or meet.
You also have the right to end relationships that suck the life right out of you and hold you back from shining your light for all to see.
5. Love Yourself. Sounds easy if you say it quickly. This is really the answer to all life�s problems so why don�t more of us do it. The answer is simple, fear.
Figure out what you are afraid of and then turn around and walk towards it. By facing your fears and overcoming them your self-love will grow. Then you will only attract those who want to celebrate your love with you.
6. Learn New Skills. One of the simplest things you can do immediately to improve your work or social life is to improve your communication skills. Just by learning new ways to handle differences in personalities, moods and behaviors you can make your life massively easier.
By gaining new skills in handling the mental and emotional games that people try to play with you, your confidence will rapidly skyrocket.
7. Treat Others the way you want to be treated. If you want others to treat you with respect then give everyone you meet respect no matter how they treat you. If you want people to accept you for who you are then accept everyone you come across for who they are.
This act alone will change all your relationships. It may not happen overnight but if you don�t start now then it�ll probably never happen.
8. Don�t settle for any kind of abuse. Never allow yourself to be mistreated. The moment someone steps over the line and abuses you in anyway is the moment to stand up for yourself and assert your rights.
Sometimes this might mean walking away. Other times it means communicating what you think and feel about their behavior. The bottom line is that you are the only one that can change how others treat you. It is a choice only you can make.
9. The Winning Formula. If you have a relationship in your life that is working well, it�s worth your time to sit down and figure out why.
By understanding what it is about a relationship that is rewarding to you will allow you to identify and repeat attitudes and behaviors that work.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B