|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
7 Simple Steps to Get More Out of Your Day - Articles Surfing
Let's face it - time is probably our greatest resource. Wenever seem to have enough of it and it seems to pass soquickly. Well we won't get any more of it and we can't slowit down.
What we can do is make the most of the time we have. Hereare some simple steps you can take to get the most out ofyour day.
1. Plan your day the night before - At the end of each daywrite out all the things you need to do the following day toachieve your goals. Pull together all the information you'llneed, phone numbers and relevant paperwork.
2. Prioritise the list - Number each item and do the nastyjobs first. There's always the temptation to do the easyjobs first. However, think how the thought of doing thenasty jobs hangs over you as you do the easy stuff. Thinkhow good you'll feel when the nasties are out of the way andhow motivated you'll feel.
3. Stick to your list - Tick off each item as you go anddon't let yourself be distracted. The temptation is tohandle the telephone and e-mails as they come in. The phoneis hard to ignore but you could always pull out the plug andlet it go to voice mail and switch off the email program.Make an agreement with yourself to check for messages everytwo hours or so.
4. Remember the Three "D's" - Do it, Delegate it or Dump it.Handle each piece of paper only once. Either do somethingabout it now, delegate it to someone else or chuck it in thetrash. And remember - "Only do it if only you can do it."5. Don't procrastinate - Procrastination really is the"Thief of Time" It's so easy to put things off till anothertime or till "I've had time to think about it." DO IT NOW!
6. Plan your leisure time - Take up activities that need youto be at a certain place at a certain time. Instead of just"going to the gym," book a fitness class or an appointmentwith a personal trainer.
7. Be honest with yourself - Keep asking - "Is what I'mdoing now getting me to where I want to get to?" if theanswer is "no," change what you're doing.
This is the easiest way to more out of your day and more outof your life.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet