| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us |
This site is an archive of old articles

    SEARCH ARTICLES
    Custom Search


vertical line

Article Surfing Archive



A Struggle For Power - Articles Surfing

'I have to know, I can't wait another week to find out if I made it, I have to find out,' said Clarissa.

'Oh come on, it's just a week, and I'm sure you made it. You knew everything you needed to know for that test, right? And I'm sure your words were graceful and perfect on the page. Why would you even question it? Of course you passed and in the mail soon you'll see a letter that confirms that you will shortly have a place here to teach among the other college professors,' responded Phil.

'I guess, I'm just so nervous. I've worked so hard to get the Doctorate, and on top of that I'm trying to be employed by the same university that I'm graduating from. I just never thought this could actually happen. If only I knew what was going on in that room.'

'Here, enjoy this cup of tea, I'll see what I can find out,' said Phil.

Little did Clarissa know, Phil went in there with a purpose. He had used this before when needing to know what the board was discussing, and he intended to use it now.

'Excuse me gentlemen and ladies, just passing through,' said Phil as he entered one door and exited another. On his way out he carefully dropped the phone making sure that it was on before he did so, in an obscure corner.

Shortly, he came around another corner which made Clarissa wonder, but that was quickly pushed away as he was holding something. It was a cell phone that had a pair of headphones attached. Phil told her to put them on and as soon as she did a look of amazement took over her face. She could hear everything that was going on in that room. She heard them discuss her work. She blushed as they referred to her dissertation as just short of genius. She smiled broadly when someone said that they'd be stupid not to hire her. When their conversation turned to other matters, she took off the headphones and thanked Phil.

'You are absolutely the best professor in my college history and I truly appreciate you saving me a week of nail biting and indulging in chocolate and other things that are no good,' said Angie.

'I remember what it was like to wonder whether or not I was good enough for an institution so much that I gave myself an ulcer. That shouldn't have to happen to everyone. If you'll excuse me, I have to go 'find' my misplaced phone,' responded Phil.

'Thanks again, see you around, colleague,' she said and smiled.

Submitted by:

Mary Potter

Mary Potter is an Agony Aunt for a small regional womens magazine. For information about this software or other like it please try one of these links http://www.thespyshop.ws or http://www.globalspystore.com



        RELATED SITES






https://articlesurfing.org/short_stories/a_struggle_for_power.html

Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).










ARTICLE CATEGORIES

Aging
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Automotive
Business
Business and Finance
Cancer Survival
Career
Classifieds
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Cooking
Culture
Education
Education #2
Entertainment
Etiquette
Family
Finances
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Gardening
Health
Hobbies
Home Improvement
Home Management
Humor
Internet
Jobs
Kids and Teens
Learning Languages
Leadership
Legal
Legal B
Marketing
Marketing B
Medical Business
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Online Business
Opinions
Parenting
Parenting B
Pets
Pets and Animals
Poetry
Politics
Politics and Government
Real Estate
Recreation
Recreation and Sports
Science
Self Help
Self Improvement
Short Stories
Site Promotion
Society
Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Web Development
Wellness, Fitness and Diet
World Affairs
Writing
Writing B