| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us |
This site is an archive of old articles

    SEARCH ARTICLES
    Custom Search


vertical line

Article Surfing Archive



Interesting Details About Scouting - Articles Surfing

Even though the world is a much different place now than when the scouts were founded, it still remains the place for young boys to learn to become better men. For generations the male children of families have been joining the boy scouts to learn a lot of useful things. Besides being a high learning environment, the boys have fun and use the skills that they learn.

One of the main aspects of scouting is the discipline that is required of all members. Rather than being a laid back group of young boys just messing around, the scouts rely on the traditions and rules that have been set down by the founders of the group. The uniforms that are worn bring about a group feeling and give the group the conformity that is required. No scout is better than another as each person has different strengths and weaknesses. When everyone is on the same level playing field the learning process is much more streamline and works to the advantage of all involved.

Once a boy becomes a scout he has a set role in the community. The role is to be above par in areas where many children are thought to be lacking. The guidelines for behavior and such are set down in the very beginning. The rules and guidelines are memorized before the scout can achieve a higher rank within the troop. In this manner it operates in a more military type setting, though not nearly as strict. The matter is that most of the new scouts will take readily to the regulations as they give them a form of structure that is not found in most schools today and is something that is craved young boys though they will not admit as much.

Learning to properly interact with others is the basic foundation of the scouts. When you can learn to get along with others in nearly every situation then you are being prepared for life in the outside world. Tolerance of others, no matter their race or religious beliefs is taught and makes for the scouts to be one of the most culturally diverse groups in the world. There is no restriction to become a boy scout which leaves it open to many and allows the boys to learn how to deal with a diverse crowd. Teaching of peace is the center of the boy scouts as well as tolerance for all.

The many lessons that can be learned in the boy scouts are fun and exciting for the boys. Most of the activities are centered on the outdoors which is always exciting for the young boys. Learning how to properly handle a knife and axe, fire a rifle, and build a campfire are just some of the things that they will learn. You couple this with the many outdoor camping trips and hikes and you have a winning combination.

Submitted by:

Joe Goertz

You will find more from this author at: outdoors-mag.com



        RELATED SITES






https://articlesurfing.org/short_stories/interesting_details_about_scouting.html

Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).










ARTICLE CATEGORIES

Aging
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Automotive
Business
Business and Finance
Cancer Survival
Career
Classifieds
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Cooking
Culture
Education
Education #2
Entertainment
Etiquette
Family
Finances
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Gardening
Health
Hobbies
Home Improvement
Home Management
Humor
Internet
Jobs
Kids and Teens
Learning Languages
Leadership
Legal
Legal B
Marketing
Marketing B
Medical Business
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Online Business
Opinions
Parenting
Parenting B
Pets
Pets and Animals
Poetry
Politics
Politics and Government
Real Estate
Recreation
Recreation and Sports
Science
Self Help
Self Improvement
Short Stories
Site Promotion
Society
Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Web Development
Wellness, Fitness and Diet
World Affairs
Writing
Writing B