|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
10 Things To Think About When Considering Frontpage Web Hosting - Articles Surfing
It's not hard to find Frontpage Web Hosting. Just do a google search and you're likely to find hundreds of sites that provide it. But there are some things that you'll want to look for and consider.
1) What version of Frontpage are you using? This is important because Frontpage features are implemented through the use of Frontpage Extensions and those extensions are different between each version. So you'll need to make sure that the Frontpage Host you select supports the Frontpage extensions for your particular version.
2) Do you really need a site that supports Frontpage extensions? This may seem strange, but you'll find that there are two primary hosting types; Linux based and Windows based. The Linux based hosts are generally a bit cheaper than Windows based hosting. If you have no plans to take advantage of Frontpage extensions, and you're only using Frontpage to create HTML documents, then regular Linux hosting will do fine.
3) Don't use Frontpage Extensions if you really don't have to. These extensions will give you the ability to do creative things (flashing text, calanders, etc) that don't really add value to your website. Consider this risk' as Microsoft updates its software, they may change a Frontpage extension in such a way that your websites may not work. If this happens, you would have to rewrite your web page with updated references to extensions to make it work again.
4) Is the host reliable? There are literally THOUSANDS of Frontpage Web Hosting providers on the market. All you need to set up a web host business is a Windows based server and an Internet connection. You, the home users, really have no idea if the host is reliable or not. For this reason, it's a good idea to check Frontpage hosting providers ratings before making a selection. Use a service like:
http://www.webhostingratings.com/ or http://www.hostcompare.com/showcases/frontpage.html
5) How long do they want you to sign up for? Typically, a web host will have a monthly contract with price breaks if you prepay for longer terms. You don't have to be crazy and buy 5 years. 1 year will do. Also, along with your Frontpage hosting account, you're going to have to purchase a domain name. Generally, I do this through the same company, but you don't have to do it this way. For example, on occasion, a domain name registrar called RegisterFly will offer .info domains for as little as .60 per year. Normally you would expect to pay about $5.00 per year, so this is a great discount. I've purchased hundreds of domains through RegisterFly and am very happy with them.
6) Does your Frontpage Web Host have a simple to use web front end for administering your site? This makes things much easier. You will undoubtedly be creating a directory structure, uploading files, changing file permissions, etc, while you develop your site. Having a convenient web based portal for administering these changes makes things nice.
7) How many e-mail accounts will your Frontpage Web Host provide? Normally this is a non-issue, but if you're setting up a website for a business and they need e-mail addresses to go along with their web hosting service, then you'll want to confirm that enough e-mail addresses are provided by the host. Lately, I've noticed this number going up and up and up. A few years ago, 5 e-mail addresses was normal. Now, I'll get hundreds per domain (which I never use).
8) How much space will your Frontpage Web Host provide? Again, this number is going up and up and up. But don't be caught off guard. Make sure they will provide enough space for your needs. Typically, you'll see 100 MB or so for cheaper accounts. Unless you have a vast database that will be part of your site, this is generally more than enough.
9) Will your Frontpage Web Host put a cap on the amount of bandwidth you can consume? If you expect to get lots of visitors to your website, make sure your hosting provide will supply the bandwidth. I recently ran into a problem with on of my accounts because a graphics intensive page was referenced by a very popular authority site, I consumed my allotted bandwidth for the month, in 2 days. They kept my account operations, but I had to pay extra for the bandwidth consumption. Other sites have been turned off due to excessive bandwidth consumption.
10) Finally, will your Frontpage Web Host allow you to register domain names privately? This is a feature of Domain Registration where your private information remains private. When someone performs a 'Whois' on your domain, they would see the contact information for the web host. This is nice if you plan to put up many, many sites and want to avoid any spam.
I would say that choosing a Frontpage Web Host is only slightly more difficult than choosing a Linux Host. If you check some of those review sites that I mentioned above, you can be confident that you'll find a Frontpage host that will provide excellent service to you. You can find out more about Frontpage Web Hosting here -> http://www.frontpagewebhosting-site.info
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet