|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
5 Secrets Of The Skinny People - Articles Surfing
You see them everywhere, wearing size 2 jeans and savoring a double cheeseburger. And you think, 'that's so unfair, how is it possible that they can eat like that, and still look like that?' There are some things that they do that we can learn from. Here are some of their secrets:
1. They get busy in the morning. The thin folks know that they're better off exercising in the morning. When you exercise in the morning you have more energy for the whole day, and you can face the day with a great attitude knowing that you've done something good for yourself. If you exercise in the morning, you're also less likely to come up with excuses to skip your workout. You don't need to go to the gym and complete a long workout routine, just a brisk 10 or 15 minute walk when you get up can be all you need to kick-start your metabolism. If you're worried about missing sleep to make time for your exercising, don't; studies have shown that people who exercise regularly tend to need less sleep because the sleep that they get is more restorative.
2. They practice portion control. They realize that what you get at a restaurant is really closer to 2 or 3 servings, and they know that if you eat slower you'll feel full on less food. Try this: instead of a regular size plate, fill up a salad sized plate with your dinner, and then eat it slowly. Chances are you'll feel full on half the amount of food you're used to eating. If you think you'll be hungry in a couple of hours, don't worry, because...
3. They eat more often. One of the best ways to get your metabolism running in high gear is to eat smaller meals, more often, throughout the day. If your goal is 1500 calories per day, breaking it up into 5-300 calorie meals will help you lose weight faster than if you ate 2 or 3 larger meals totaling the same 1500 calories. But the most important meal is...
4. Breakfast. The thin folks make time for breakfast. You just need to eat something small within an hour or so of waking to get your body out of 'starvation mode' and get your metabolism fired up to start burning calories.
5. They keep an eye on their weight. They may not weigh themselves every day, but the skinny people regularly check their weight. They either weigh themselves every few days or weekly, or just pay attention to whether or not their favorite jeans are feeling snug. This way they can catch little weight increases, and take steps to correct them, before they become big weight gains.
Try stealing some of their secrets...they just may work for you, too!
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet