|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
7 Relaxation Techniques For Stress Reduction - Articles Surfing
There are many relaxation techniques people can learn to keep stress at bay. One of the most important aspects of stress reduction is knowing how to relax.
Here are some relaxation techniques that individuals can use to help them relax:
1. Breathing is key when it comes to controlling stress. Make a conscious effort to breath in through your nose. Take deep long breaths, instead of shallow ones. There have been some medical findings that associate stress reduction with breathing pattern.
Taking slow deep breaths can also relieve anxiety. During the day, whenever individuals feel that stress is creeping up on them, they should take a few minutes to gather themselves. This will also allow them to take some deep breaths to help them relax.
2. Get into yoga. This type of exercise puts an emphasis on relaxation. It is a great way to release tension from the body. Yoga can help one feel more calm. It also relieves tension from the muscles.
3. Listening to music is a great way to relieve stress. Listening to soft, soothing music has a calming effect on a person's body. It eases the mind, and help the body relax.
4. Individuals who want to relax should do so in a quiet and comfortable environment. Being in a room that is cluttered and messy will not help anyone relax. This also applies to the working environment. Work stations that are cluttered and disorganized will only add to a person's stress level. So individuals should always keep their work space tidy and clean.
5. A massage is also a great way to relieve stress from the body. It's also very conducive to relaxation.
6. Baths are also a good idea! After a long day at work, what better way to relax than to take a long, relaxing bath. This will helps to invigorate the body.
7. Regular exercising is a great way to get rid of stress. Physical exertion helps to provide an outlet for pent up emotions that are related to stress. There is also strong evidence that links a hormone called endorphins-which has been known to promote a feeling of euphoria with exercise. This is why after exercising a person tends to feel much better.
There are many relaxation techniques that people can take advantage of to help them get rid of stress. It is just a matter of finding one that works for them, and can be adapted well into their lifestyle!
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet