|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe and 5 Consideration Tips - Articles Surfing
There has been a many number of fad diets out there and it can be daunting if you need to consider one that will work best for you. You have to consider the purpose as well as the practicability of the diet. The Cabbage Soup Diet can be aptly term a fad diet because in terms of longevity, it has no long term applicability and in fact, it can only be undertaken for a week at most.
The Cabbage Soup Diet is a very low-calorie diet consisting mostly of fruits and vegetables with the slow introduction of meat (in the form of beef) on the sixth day. A vegetable soup diet may sound very healthy and it can appeal to vegetarians but the fact that the vegetables have very low calorie makes it unhealthy. It can affect the physical well-being and psyche of the individual. It is also restrictive limiting the food intake to cabbage soup and some fruits and vegetables only. Here is the recipe for the soup:
- 6 large green onions
Although the diet tries to assimilate as much healthy vegetables rich in iron, Vitamins A and C, fiber, vitamin K, phosphorous and other nutrients, it is still very much lacking in all other important nutrients for the body to function properly. You have to be aware also that no matter how well you relish having the life of a simple peasant, cabbage soup day in and day out is not at all appetizing. Also, there are so many considerations to determine that you have to take precautions to be able stick to the diet.
If you are serious about the diet and plan to pursue it, you must consider the following tips.
1) Since the diet calls for a strict adherence to the program to work, you need to print a copy of the recipe as well as the diet program. Put it in a place where you can see it everyday and be reminded of the diet.
2) Get a white board and use it as a daily progress chart. Make sure that you have followed the food allowed on the certain day. Constantly place reminders around the house and in the office.
3) Always carry your trusty cabbage soup with you whether in the office or during travels. Eating the same thing can be pretty difficult that's why a certain amount of commitment is needed to stick to this diet plan.
4) Keep a ready and steady supply of fruits and vegetables in your fridge. During the workweek, peel and cut into strips and pieces vegetables like carrots and radish which you can nibble on as snacks.
5) During the week, refuse any offers of lunches or dinners with friends or any form of celebrations. This can result to temptations. The diet, during its undertaking will also restrict your social life so be aware of this.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet