|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
Diet And Weight Loss Success Using A Clean Diet And Workout Videos - Articles Surfing
When you hear the words diet, workout or weight loss, what comes to mind? What if I asked you to conjure up the thought of health & workout videos? Would it be an absolute dread or your life long supreme challenge?
Well, those words should not bring any of those negative thoughts to mind - they simply should mean your living a healthy way of life. It is something that we all should look forward to. There are so many alternatives out there to keeping ourselves physically fit, heart healthy and mentally balanced. It is also important to know that no one is alone in their quest to find the right weight loss and workout regime that we can stick to and perform on a long term basis.
That is why I would like to discuss two very important steps in getting you to your goal or as I like to refer to it as my "happy place."
Different types of Exercise & A Low Fat, Clean Diet Plan.
Never ending fad diets are proven not to work well for the majority of people. You might read or hear of amazing results but they never tell you that they are usually short lived, leaving you back with the weight you have lost and then some. For those of you just starting out, I think the best suggestions I could give would be to begin with a Low Fat Diet, meaning keeping your fat intake to under 10-15 fat grams per meal. You will find that by doing this, your caloric intake should decrease or stay within the 1,000 to 1,800 calories per day.
- Never skip meals - especially breakfast. This is your most important meal of the day. Just as a vehicle cannot run without the proper fuel, neither can our bodies, as it is the most amazing machine known to man.
- You should break larger meals down to 4-6 smaller meals per day - eating them about 3 hours apart. When we keep fueling our bodies with high octane protein and complex carbs, you will experience a smooth ride throughout your busy day. In return, your metabolism will begin to burn higher and your insulin swings will diminish. No more extreme sugar cravings and temptations to stuff sugar laden, fat ridden foods into our mouths like donuts, candy bars and salty processed chips. And heaven forbid, PLEASE stay away from those fried foods and Super Sized Fast Food places! Here's a thought...When we don't plan our meals and shop accordingly, we set ourselves up for failure.
Another suggestion for even faster weight loss would be to eliminate sugar and all heavily processed foods from your diet. This at first might seem quite impossible to you. You might even ask...."Then what is left to eat in the world?"
My answer to you is in what I mentioned in my opening title to this article - Eat clean. This simply means to reset your thinking to eating all foods in their most natural form.
For instance, all fruit comes in nature's most perfect package - so do vegetables, legumes, whole grains and all varieties of beans. It was not until man stepped in and started stripping these great foods of their natural nutrients by adding preservatives and processing them for a longer shelf life and aesthetics, that we started our "Battle of the Bulge." It is the reason for the alarming statistics of childhood obesity and heart disease in America today.
This is really so simple...learn to enjoy and taste foods in their natural state. Do not drown a nice fresh salad in creamy processed bottled dressing. Opt for fresh lemon juice and a small amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Virgin Coconut Oil. Mix in some fresh garlic, oregano, cracked pepper and sea salt to taste. Then see your taste buds come to life.
Same advice goes for preparing all your meals:
- When grocery shopping or dining out, make all your choices with your health in mind. Choose only lean meats and fish, keep a large variety of fresh veggies and salads in mind. Opt for whole grain dark breads and forget about the butter. For those of you who just can't live without their pasta, make the switch to whole grain brands, they still have lots of carbs but contain high protein.
- Try and stay away from alcoholic beverages. The sugar content is high and will turn to fat.
- Try and do all your eating before 7pm. Don't make your last meal a heavy one. Opt for some organic plain yogurt with a portion of fresh fruit. Call that your dessert.
My last suggestion to you:
Don't forget to drink a least 100oz. of water per day to keep your system fully hydrated. Please try and avoid all diet and processed sugary drinks.
Now, on to the 2nd Step - Exercise
Before you sign up for that monthly, high priced gym membership, read the next paragraph. Don't get me wrong, I belong to a family type gym myself, and actually use the facility as least 4 times per week, but that was not always the case with me. I had to mentally and physically work myself up to committing to a gym membership. Here is how I did it...
One of the best resources available today, is the vast variety of health and workout videos. They are an extremely versatile way of working out and achieving weight loss, using professional methods. No matter what your age or level of fitness...there is a workout video that will best suit your individual needs and type of lifestyle. There are literally hundreds of videos designed for stretching, toning, weight loss and fat burning. You can exercise in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Unlike a structured gym, with set hours and time sensitive classes, a video can be used at any hour of the day or night- they are also great when traveling. They are fun to watch and extremely motivating. They are designed with background music, which as we all know can be a powerful tool when it comes to exercise. The more upbeat the music, the higher your enthusiasm level will be. When it comes to stretching, Yoga or Pilates, a softer, more instrumental music background might pass the time away and make your workout seem effortless.
Another suggestion I have for your at home workout routine, would be to purchase the right tools to make your workout as productive as possible. Invest in a good exercise mat, stability ball, a set of hand weights ranging from 5, 10 and 12 pound weights should work just fine. As well as a set of resistance bands. You can invest in other props as you advance in your workouts and your strength levels increase. When adding these simple suggestions into your daily routine, it will make it easier to stick to a program you have basically custom designed for yourself. You will improve your health and energy level and move closer to your desired fitness goals.
Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Wellness, Fitness and Diet